mandag den 25. februar 2008

Magic Monday..?

The Bangles have a song called "Manic Monday", and I tend to think it is an accurate description of most Mondays. Monday means returning to work; being tired; weekday food is boring; too many days until Friday; etc. Mondays generally suck, if you ask me.

But every rule has an exception, and today (a Monday) was one. The last couple of days I've been sitting at the Norwegian Church Abroad here in Copenhagen and doing some work. Since they are closed on Mondays (you see!) I decided to work from the so-called Black Diamond, the Royal Library (www.ku.dk). It's next to the Opera House the face of modern Copenhagen. But it was not the building itself (although really cool) that turned my day from a manic Monday to a magic Monday, it was the view from the cafeteria. The sun bathed the canal and city with it's warming rays.
Although Jan keeps insisting that it's really cold outside, I think spring is coming. And spring is actually divine. It is a witness to God's creative presence in his creation. I only had my mobile phone with me, and
the camera is not the best, but I just wanted to share with you that today was a magic monday - cause spring is coming.

----

I should also mention something: I'm going to post a blog later on with Jan wearing his new track suit. Yep, we went shopping on Saturday. I can't post a picture of him yet, because he wants to wash it first. But soon ...

1 kommentar:

Kellyry sagde ...

It does indeed look like a gorgeous day. Spring in DK is amazing.