tirsdag den 22. april 2008

Tuesday Night Excursion




After dinner tonight, we decided to make an excursion to downtown Copenhagen to enjoy the crisp spring air, and take advantage of the fact that the nights have already become significantly lighter after daylight saving time bagan a couple of weeks ago.
We headed for the new theatre on the habor front. Not to see a play, but to see the building and the surrounding area. We liked what we saw. And then headed back to catch Desperate Housewives on Norwegian television..

(Left to right: JA in front of the Opera House, The glass facade of the new theatre, J in front of the theatre)

8 kommentarer:

DeniseMarie sagde ...

Wow, that's an impressive building. It reminds me of a top hat, a paper airplane, and a Chinese takeout box all at the same time. I can't wait to go back to Copenhagen. Sigh.

Kellyry sagde ...

I loved the long spring and summer days in DK.

Jan sagde ...

Well, come on over :-)

Kellyry sagde ...

Oh, don't I wish! If I hadn't done a more precise calculation of how much money I need to save in the next 3 months, I might consider a splurge. But alas, the budget does not allow, and likely won't allow for 5+ years. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!! :-(

DeniseMarie sagde ...

Sounds like Matt and I are more likely to get there in the near future than is Kelly! Will you guys be our personal tour guides?

Jan sagde ...

Denise, it would be a pleasure to be your tour guides :-)
Just let us know when!

DeniseMarie sagde ...

I hope you're serious, Jan, because Matt's never been to DK and I can't wait to take him. Of course, right now we're spending all of our vacation money on gas for our cars (I've spent over $100 on gasoline in the last 5 days!), so it'll take us awhile to save up. But I guarantee you eventually we will take you up on that offer! I wish I was there right now....sitting at a table in Nyhavn with a coffee and a book.

Jan sagde ...

Denise, I am totally serious! I love to get a chance to be tourist in my own city :-)